Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Tis the Season - Echo Park Paper

Well, I am jumping directly to the holidays now with a page I just finished using the New Tis the Season collection by Cassandra Cooper for Echo Park Paper. Its got super fun chalkboard elements including a full page that I used as a background here. You can actually draw on it with chalk! I used a chalk pencil to write the recipe for my Spiced Rum Balls. These are seriously delish! Anyway, I wanted a bit more white so I splattered white paint as well. You really should take a look at this collection. It has some of the best designs and the red is real holiday red! That's a big deal for me because I have a ton of red in my house during the holidays. I hope you guys can tell how much fun I had making this page because this collection really is very easy to work with and so much pepperminty fun.



I punched a few vellum snowflakes to scatter with the cute chipboard snowflakes and sequins, and then used my cricut to cut the title from vellum and stitched it to the background. I kept thinking it looked cool to stitch on a chalkboard because it totally looks like a real kitchen chalkboard. 



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love, love this!!! So cute!

Kathy said...

Oh yeah! How cute is this? I love a true red, and the chalboard looks wonderful with it (although I should hate it because it looks just like my high school uniform!!!)......have not seen those chalk pencils. I have chalk markers but they also are kind of thick....and messy. Yours looks more like real chalk. Cute cute layout, Susan...love the stitching and how you used the vellum here.