Thursday, October 24, 2013

Sketchy Thursday at Scraptastic

Everyone loves a scrappy challenge, right? For a chance at a $20 gift card to Scraptastic Club store, visit the Scraptastic Blog here and play along with Sketchy Thursday! I really like the sketch this month because I left alot of room for interpretation. I was thinking you could add photos or embellishments, move things around, flip it... whatever. You have to see what our amazing Design Team did with it (HERE).

You guys know I don't normally use extra bold background color but this orange woodgrain is so awesome and I had this fantastic photo that I took last week of Figaro by my Halloween tree. Also I wanted to use the stamped image "Things that go bump in the night" for my title because it suited this photo so well. That ornament that fig is staring at doesn't have the velvet ribbon on top anymore. I found it on the floor the next morning with the top chewed off. LOL! I decided to stamp on vellum and also to print my journaling on the vellum. I tested both of these things and found that the best way to stamp on vellum is to use heat embossing powder and this black sparkly one is awesome. But first I printed the journaling onto the vellum and you can buy printable vellum but its not even close to the type of opaque vellum that I wanted. I found that if I used the printer settings on "draft", the ink didn't bleed as much and it dries nicely.
*also... just a side note.. I LOVE my new camera :) It's a new Canon SL1 - smallest and lightest but so totally awesome and the touch screen is my fave part and I didn't even care if it had that feature - makes it amazing to focus specifically and changes lighting. LOVE it. 


Oh I forgot to add that I LOVE the wood veneer spiders in this kit but I wanted this one to sparkle so I used the same heat embossing powder on him.



2 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow, Susan, I think this is now my most fave layout of your work! Awesome page....love the colors and the papers! Cute card, too!

Wendy said...

I LOVE this layout, the papers and photo! So super cute!!!! I love your layouts and sketches! You make my scrapbooking life easier!!!!