Saturday, January 12, 2013

Merry and Bright *CSI: Case File 54

CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration turns a year old this January and I was asked back to join them for a challenge. Of course I said yes! Its so fun to use up some stash and play with the great colors. So visit CSI for Case File #54 HERE and see all of the great creations by the design team, and then play along!


This Case File has a sketch which was pretty fun too. Here is my take. I used a ticket, polka dots, and a music pattern, and then I did the handwriten journaling. I used mixed papers from My Mind's Eye collections and some great embellishments that my friend's sent to me to use with my December Daily. I am liking vellum snowflakes, gotta remember to do that again.






 

7 comments:

Cindy said...

By far one of my favorite pages of yours.

I love the vintage embellishments mixed with newer techniques and products. I absolutely love doilies, tickets, twine and vellum accents.

I don't understand the photo though, besides the cup. Great colors btw.

Oh and what pen do you use? I like how you hand write but not so dark that it is districting to the rest of the layout!

Heidi Smith said...

Beautiful page and those poinsettias are just the perfect touch.

Kathleen Summers said...

Oh my gosh, awesome. Layered to perfection and you nailed the color scheme. One of my faves of yours!

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I'm a terrible blogger. But I've been scrapping a bunch lately and made the cutest page today (which you can see here: http://www.designerdigitals.com/digital-scrapbooking/ideas/showphoto.php?photo=187653&ppuser=29939).

I haven't been to a CHA since I was pregnant with Jaimee... the last Inque Boutique/Sugarloaf CHA! Don't know if I'll ever get back! Those were the good ol' days...

blsd2scrp said...

love this! the elements and design are simply gorgeous! loving layering lately! :)

Debbi Tehrani said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, Susan! So ticked to have you come out of retirement!

kate blue said...

lurking...OMG that kit is fabulous! I love what you've done to make the reds and that fab blue glitter stand out!

Michelle said...

This is beautiful Susan! I just love how you cluster all the littles bits and pieces together! Wonderful!!