Sunday, January 27, 2013

Hooray for Hollywood

Today's layout was for a challenge at DisneyScrappers and also as an example for a sketch.  The challenge was about scrapping some Hollywood parts of the theme parks and I chose to scrap these old photos of my family going into the front of the Great Movie Ride at MGM/Disneys Hollywood Studios, because it's just such a great replica of Mann's Chinese Theater and this was the first time we rode that ride, it was first thing in the morning and we had it to ourselves so the photos aren't full of the typical crowds that we usually see in that park.

I used various My Mind's Eye papers from the Lost and Found collections. I also used some plain vellum. The sketch had a sunburst element at the top of the photo area and I chose to stick with that type of element but in my head it is the spotlight/searchlight of a Hollywood opening... yeah ok, maybe not but you get the idea. I used some Ranger film strip to make it a bit more filmy. Of course it needed a bit of Hollywood glitz so I added a few little sequins too. This is for Sketch #101 at Sketch Savvy HERE






4 comments:

Angela said...

Cute! I love the vellum and film strip! Just perfect!

Unknown said...

Love the MANY details in this layout. Beautiful!

Christy said...

This is gorgeous. Love the details :)

Tamera said...

This is MARVELOUS! Do you know how much I adore that you used the TH film strip stuff? I absolutely love it on this layout! And the pics are terrific. I don't believe I've ever seen pictures of the outside of the queue for this ride. So cool!