Tuesday, November 05, 2013

November Page Maps

I know you guys love a good sketch and PageMaps does some great ones. This month they asked the BasicGrey DT to be guest DT members and create examples for some of the sketches. I will share my layout, but you just have to CLICK HERE to see all the gorgeous layouts that the rest of the team and the PageMaps team created for the November sketches.

So here is the super fun sketch that Becky sent me to play with. Its got lots of possibilities. I could have used one nice big square photo but I loved the way the sketch looked so I decided to stay pretty close to it. 

I was going to create a mountain of little triangle stitched banner to wrap around the background paper because it would be really unique, but then I pulled out all the fun embellishments for the BasicGrey 25th and Pine collection and found the gorgeous stitched banners and I just had to use those for my page. Oh and if you haven't looked closely at this collection and all of its goodies, you really should check it out HERE. I look at this collection and it reminds me of the cards and gift wrap, and decorations in the department stores when I was a kid. I just think of shopping with my mom and looking for trees with my dad. My big tree is a combo of handmade family ornaments and glass ornaments and this collection is ideal for photos of family Christmas and my main livingroom.



  I have an addiction to Christmas ornaments so I pulled out these chipboard ornaments and attached some gold bakers twine. I added some of the new Basic Grey Candy Buttons to the ornaments for a bit of texture, if you haven't seen all the new colors of these Candy Buttons this season, check them out. I am loving the neutrals including this ivory color. I am definitely going to need to pick up some more soon.

You may have some of the BasicGrey Wax Seals from one collection or another because they are super cool, but as they are, some of the fine details don't always show up that well, so I have rubbed white paint into the depressions and then wiped it off with a paper towel to give this sort of a look. I just love it!  So go see all the November PageMaps sketches and pick one out to use with your new BasicGrey collections and be sure to share your finished layouts :)




1 comment:

Carrie said...

This is a gorgeous page, Susan! I love it when I get an email from your blog. ;) I always know it will be something fun to look at.