Sunday, March 03, 2013

"Welcome Home"

That's just one of my favorite parts about staying on property at Disney. When you arrive at your resort they greet you by saying, "welcome home". Its especially that first day when you arrive when every moment is magical. There is a site that I love that has an extensive list of Simple Disney Things and #111 is "Welcome Home" and I try to incorporate them in my layouts sometimes, so I used it as my title. I used the "All About a Boy" collection by Echo Park and this fantastic starburst paper. I cut it apart, added stitching and used it as my background. I had to add a few little chipboard things that feature in this resort's pop culture of the '50s - '80s. The ends of the buildings have giant 3 story tall yo-yos, and bowling pins. It's just a fun place to stay.






9 comments:

Kristin said...

What a cool page ...love it!!!

blsd2scrp said...

wow! love this!

Madeline said...

Love it! Just one more incidental that I missed noticing! I will check out that link for sure.

Carrie said...

This is just so eye catching and fun. It makes me want to give it a try, except that mine would not be stitched.

Laurel said...

Wonderful page!

Michelle said...

Wow!! Seriously this is Amazing, and totally screams POP Century! I just love the back ground you created and the little cluster of bits! There's just like hearing "Welcome Home"

Unknown said...

I love the "Welcome Home" too. This is beautiful!!

Eagle Craftz said...

fANTASTIC! I love the layers that make the star, this will be a must try for me.

Tamera said...

I know everyone already said it, but seriously, this is WOW!! Amazed at how you took a very bold page and made it work so well.