Monday, January 20, 2014

Mary Blair Mural

How are you guys doing with trying to use up that stash? I know the new collections are showing up in stores and you are tempted. This is my 3rd Stash layout. I had an idea for a page using this old photo that I took at the Contemporary Resort. I actually took a bunch of photos of the mural when I was there last time but I lost all of those photos. When I was looking for papers to use with these colors, I was surprised at how well they go with Basic Grey's Persimmon collection.

Mary Blair's stylized art is seen in Disney Classics, and of course she is most well known for It's a Small World, but I just love this mural at the Contemporary Resort and I wish the one she had done for Tomorrowland in Disneyland was still there. I am no Mary Blair, so when I decided to do a bit of random hand cut pieces for this page, it was alot better in my head. Still I think the idea comes across. 


 I actually used the 6x6" paper pad for almost the whole page. Those smaller scale patterns work so well for pages where you are using lots of small pieces of papers.





6 comments:

adele holcomb said...

The papers and design are a really nice complement to the photo of the artwork!

Michelle said...

I have not seen these murals. I don't think I have been over to the Contemporary either. You are right though. The persimmon line works beautifully with this!! Great job with the design!

Christy said...

I LOOOVE how you put this together! It meshes so well!

Cook Scrap Craft said...

I love how you brought the feel of the mural into the scrapbook page!

Laurie Zeller said...

How brilliant to use a 6x6 for something like this!

Madeline said...

Love all the quilt-like piecings! Cool page!