Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Vintage Halloween *October Scraptastic Club kit

Today I am going to share my first layout using the October "This is Halloween" kit, Add on kit, and the digital Print and Cut files. The exclusive digital elements are one of the things that I really look forward to each month with Scraptastic's kits. If you haven't used them, be sure to check them out this month. There is a cut file, a print and cut label sheet, and a print and cut die cut sheet to coordinate with each kit. Of course you can use a die cutting machine like the Silhouette machines, but you can print the labels or die cuts and cut them out by hand as well.

For my layout I used a white cardstock background, a couple of small pieces of patterned papers, and all of the labels and die cuts are the digital files from this kit.

vintage halloween 

I used some Thickers Alphas from a past kit for my title along with the Halloween spider web digital cut file. I cut it from clear vellum from my stash.

Tip: if you cut designs from vellum, you need an older mat or it be too sticky, and when you try to take the vellum off, it will tear. Remove it very slowly and carefully using a tool like a spatula. I have two tears in mine, but they don't really show so I don't mind.

vintage halloween 2 

Around the perimeter of the white cardstock background I drew two lines with a black marker and then filled in with an orange colored pencil.

vintage halloween 1


No comments: