Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Fun with the Purple Rain kits - Scraptastic Club

Today I have two layouts to share using the May Purple Rain kit, Add on Kit, Stamp set, Cut File, and Stencil, as well as the Janglin Stamp Set. Since watercolor is such a hot trend right now, I played with my watercolors for these two pages as well. I am not a painter in any way, but its fun to add a little bit of color when using a white or light background.
For my first layout I used only the Purple Rain Main Kit along with some of the stamps this month.

Love Little Things 

First I splattered pink mist onto my background before adding my 3 photos. I stitched the vellum "LOVE" die cut to my page and added a stamp as part of the title, then I painted 3 strips of color with my watercolors.  Also because I cut out honeycomb shapes, I had the negative pieces of paper and I placed them onto my page and used the mesh looking stamp to stamp thru the opening with black ink, and then watercolored some of the stripes in the design. It's very easy and very fast to add this accent. Just make sure to use permanent archival ink if you are planning to use watercolor or it may bleed.

love-little-things-1

My second layout begins with a white cardstock background. I used the hummingbird stencil from the Purple Rain kit, along with white paint mixed with heavy gel texture medium to add three hummingbirds to the background. They looked cute like that but while I had my watercolors out, I painted across the page and it highlighted the birds even more.

hummingbirds 

And here is a close up so you can see how I layered the texture medium with the stencil, watercolor, mist splatters, and stamping, allowing for drying between each step. Of course the little acrylic bird needed to be added as well, since he is the cutest.

hummingbirds-1

1 comment:

Michelle said...

LOVE this!!! I love them as well! And yes, those little birds are fierce!