Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Scraptastic Club Store: EP Anything Goes & OA Saturday Mornings

Hello Everyone! So what are all of you working on while the weather has been so difficult across the country? I have been staying warm and dry indoors and getting several layouts finished with some of the new collections in the Store. I actually have a one page layout and a 2 page layout to share today!
First I created this one page layout with a couple of fun photos of my inlaws while we were out antiquing. Since the photos are busy, I chose white cardstock for the background and used the vibrant "Anything Goes" collection from Echo Park Paper. Also I had this one strip of woodgrain paper left from a layout I posted back at the beginning of the month so I used it to anchor the top of the page.

Texas-junk-600
Supplies: Echo Park - Anything Goes - Fresh Flowers Paper, Echo Park - Anything Goes - Arrow Stripes Paper, Echo Park - Anything Goes -  Cool Cameras Paper, Echo Park - Anything Goes - Floating Feathers Paper, Echo Park - Anything Goes - Living The Life Paper, Echo Park - Anything Goes - Dots Paper, Echo Park - Anything Goes - Elements Stickers, Freckled Fawn - Paper Clips - Light Blue Long Arrows, Freckled Fawn - Paper Clips -Retro Star Clips, Simple Stories - Life Documented Scrapbook - New Bradz, Dear Lizzy - Serendipity - Soar Woodgrain Printed Chipboard Thickers Freckled Fawn - Enamel Dew Drops, Dear Lizzy - Serendipity - Phrases Date Stamp, Freckled Fawn - Washi Tape - Gold Polka Dot Small

I painted and splattered mist on my background cardstock and then layered the patterned papers behind my photos. Next for a little bit of extra embellishment, it's always fun to pull out some of the versatile embellishments from Freckled Fawn like the Star or Arrow Paper Clips, Enamel Dots, and Washi Tape. I especially love this tiny gold dot Washi tape because it adds a little something extra without drawing too much attention to that spot on the layout. I stamped the Phrases stamp from Dear Lizzy multiple times and it becomes an element of design for the background.

Texas-junk-2

For another fun element I cut one of the journaling cards and punched two circles in it and then layered over the Cool Cameras paper and die cut a tiny Texas from the red patterned paper.

texas-junk-1

Now I have a "2 Pager" to share using the retro cute Saturday Mornings collection from October Afternoon. I haven't really created 2 page layouts much lately, but sometimes I have more photos that need to go together. I am better at one pagers, so I decided that I would share my new 2 page concept with you guys. I use the same products and create two independent layouts that have common elements.

Stay Tuned 2pg 600
Supplies: October Afternoon - Saturday Mornings - Journaling Cards, October Afternoon - Saturday Mornings -  Syrup Paper, October Afternoon - Saturday Mornings - Pancake Paper, October Afternoon - Saturday Mornings -Hash Browns Paper , October Afternoon - Saturday Mornings - Coffee Paper , October Afternoon - Saturday Mornings - Cereal Paper , October Afternoon - Saturday Mornings - Bacon Paper , October Afternoon - Saturday Mornings - Word Stickers, Freckled Fawn - Wood Chips - Stars and Such, Freckled Fawn - Enamel Dew Drops - Classic, American Crafts - Black Glitter Foam Thickers, Dear Lizzy - Phrases Date Stamp

Stay Tuned 600

For the first page I used the wood paneling paper for my background and then repeated a pieces of it for the second page. Then if you look at the blue and green patterned paper, I created a cut file that is similar in pattern and cut it out using cream cardstock on the first page and then used the same cream cardstock for the second page background.

Tune-In-Lounge-600

Because the papers in this collection have such fun designs, I cut the oval elements from one patterned paper, chairs from another patterned paper, and this super cute tv from a third patterned paper. For a little extra dimension I added these perfect wood chip shapes which I painted with gold mist.

Tune-In-Lounge-2

No comments: