Tuesday, April 15, 2014

8th stash layout

How are you guys doing with using your stash this year? I just counted and this is my 8th layout using just my stash from before this year. Now I am certainly not where I should be to have 50 done this year but 8's not too bad.

This page is for my brother's album and it was kind of a challenge in itself because I wasn't sure to go all Animal Kingdom-ish or all Christmassy. Speaking of which, someone needs to design a good safari collection again please :)  I chose to use some old Crate Paper mostly the Portrait collection. Its got Christmassy colors. Then I was digging in my holiday goodies and found these K&Co stars, DCWV rhinestones, and the walmart glittery snowflake - fun stuff!
 


5 comments:

nancyburke said...

I think this turned out great!!! Not too Christmas-y, but still very festive. Great use of older papers from your stash! The bit of zebra print gives it the perfect AK touch. I am so in love with how you combine so many different prints! Love the mixed font title too.

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Great layout! Way to go on your stash quest. You are seven ahead of me though I am not as ambitious as you as aiming for 20 by year end. :)

Dria said...

Terrific lo--love all the bits you are using.
what pattern did you use for the piece on the top right?

Tamera said...

Delightful! Just the right amount of Christmas and Safari. I'd love to see AK at Christmas. Although I might come home inspired to re-do ALL my Christmas decorations Animal Kingdom style and that wouldn't be a good thing. LOL

Laurie Zeller said...

This is a great combination of Christmas and animal themes. Lovely!