Thursday, August 08, 2013

this spot

So there was a challenge about doing a disney layout about sounds that you hear only in the parks. You know like when you have heard the chorus of It's a small world for the 120th time in that ride through, the howling dog at the Haunted Mansion, or the seagulls saying "mine, mine, mine" outside The Seas with Nemo. If you have been to the parks more than once, then those sounds were probably very clear in your head just now. I love those memories and for my page I decided to pull out an old photo from the first time I took my guys to Epcot and its that moment when you first walk thru the gates and you hear that loop of music that is only at Epcot under Spaceship Earth! I love that music and the way it has that sort of echo...or maybe cave like sound as you get under there. Ok maybe its just me but I love Epcot and Spaceship Earth so its one of my fave sounds. I love it as much as walking under the arch and onto Main Street USA and hearing those tunes.

I used papers from the Stationary Noted collection by Teresa Collins. I have to say that I would LOVE more collections to make real blues that don't have green hues. I have all the turquoise and aqua I need for awhile. I love this blue. I added some older Making Memories chipboard alpha stickers, an exclusive vellum die cut and flair from one of my Scraptastic Club kits, and some sequins. Oddly enough I thought gold rather than silver and I like the way it looks.






7 comments:

blsd2scrp said...

love this layout! very lovely and the coloring is really nice!

Michelle said...

I love this!!! It is SO pretty. I am in line behind you with the teal. Can we petition for no more teal. I am SO over it. As you mentioned the songs and such, I instantly thought of the Small World. I also have the movie UP on right now. LOL I know it, but having a hard time remembering the song they play in Epcot. I do love it though. The sights, the sounds. Disney truly is the happiest place on Earth. Makes you feel like a kid again in a way. :)

Michelle said...

If this is posted twice, I am sorry. My internet died as it was posting. I love this page. Seeing your DW pages makes me miss DW so much. I could go back there several times a year and never tire of there. Trying to remember the Epcot song, I went searching the web. I found this one that I like and am sharing it with you, so you can listen whenever too. :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWYBuujYEFA
As for the teal, I am in line behind you. Can we petition for no more teal?? I am SO over it and sick of it. I love true blues too, especially a true pale blue and Navy.

Kathy said...

Absolutely awesome layout, Susan! Love all your ephemera here!

Orlanda said...

this is just gorgeous! your soo talented!!

Madeline said...

Lovely page! I need to be more cognizant of the sounds of Disney next time I go. All I remember are crowds and kids and noise! lol

Kimberly Kett said...

GORGEOUS!! I love those Mickey ears!!