Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Market - *Echo Park For the Record 2: Tailored

A little more from this fun bright collection. Echo Park's For the Record 2: Tailored makes me think of flowers and fruit so I pulled out a photo of my brother and sister at the farmers market. I was totally inspired by this awesome "Rainbow" layout by Madeline Fox. She is my color hero so I wanted to give it a try. What is more fun than playing with color collections of papers and embellishments!

I started with Carta Bella's gorgeous Ultra White Linen cardstock for my base and you will be seeing this more from me because its my favorite tectured white ever. Odd to have a fave but seriously, it's cool. I cut the wide strips of papers in these 4 colors and then started playing around with the coordinating embellishments from the For the Record 2: Tailored Stickers, Chipboard, layered chipboard, and brad pack. Click HERE to see some of those fun embellishments. And look at this adorable bee sticker - he had to be on yellow. Ok and then this is where the layout got away from me, I felt the need to hand stitch fruit names with the colors at the bottom. I used fun sparkly or silk threads from Kreinik, but I am NOT good at stitching small letters and maybe my handwriting made it worse. LOL! Still you get what I was trying to do, even if its a bit sloppy. First, draw the letters with a pencil and use a needle to pierce the holes so that you can easily stitch.

Give this rainbow technique of Madeline's a try, it really is fun.






7 comments:

Unknown said...

This one is getting Pinned for sure! Love the colors and all the fun bits and details! I feel a lift coming on! hehehe

Unknown said...

This one is getting Pinned for sure! Love the colors and all the fun bits and details! I feel a lift coming on! hehehe

Tracey said...

This is just gorgeous Susan! I love how you coordinated your accents and paper into colour sections!

Tracee said...

Wow I love this very very much! Tx

Meghann Andrew said...

I love the stitching!

Michelle said...

Wonderful job on this Susan! I love all the bits and pieces, so much detail to look at!

Laurie Zeller said...

Your stitching is fantastic! Really liking this rainbow technique so I may to give it a try!