Friday, July 20, 2012

Birds in Paradise

Another layout using the gorgeous Echo Park Paradise Beach Collection. And after finishing this page, I have already started another. You guys may get sick of seeing the same papers. LOL!

I did something kind of backwards for this page. I wanted to cut out some tropical leaves for my other layout and I thought it would be fun to use the negative cut piece for this page. I thought about using it as a stencil for some misting but the paper is so nice that it had to be used as is. I just used some scraps for all the misc. shapes and the page was pretty much done. I raised the sticker border pieces with foam squares, cut out the "birds" part of the title using my cricut, and splattered a bit of black acrylic paint. My husband said that reminded him too much of bird poop - eww - that was not my plan!













3 comments:

Madeline said...

Love how you used the negative of the leaves on there! Beautiful page!

blsd2scrp said...

I love your work! awesome!!

Leslie Kay said...

What a fun page to make. I don't have a Cricut but I can certainly cut squares like that. Thanks for the inspiration!