Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Monkeying around

Today I am going to share 2 layouts. The first one is Monkeying Around with photos from our 2014 trip to DisneyWorld using the super Toy Story looking Toy Box collection by Carta Bella. I will admit that I struggled with these bold patterned papers. I so wish all collections had some light neutrals to tone down that strong papers. I used a background that looks like a word search from another collection and I added a light woodgrain paper. The monkey embellishments are chipboard and sticker, but how perfect are they with my photos!


I am noticing that posting these layouts that I did a year ago is fun for me too, I had forgotten how great that collection is. I need to do some more pages.
This next layout is from  our 07 trip. These are the last photos I took as we were leaving our beautiful resort. The guys were exhausted but I am never ready to leave no matter how tired I am. I am trying to use more and more of my older stash and for this one I used papers from a couple of different paper stacks from Recollections I think. I struggle with scenes printed on 12x12 as a background but the palm paper cut as a strip worked perfectly for my page.
I have pulled most of my die cut, chipboard, and ephemera elements and organized them by color so that when I do a page like this I can just dig thru the colors I am using for something like the chipboard words at the top or the hearts at the bottom.


1 comment:

Tamera said...

That Perry is such a ham! I can believe how totally perfect that paper is!