Monday, March 30, 2015

Hello World from Scraptastic Club Store

Do you love to travel? Day trips to full on getaway vacations, the "Hello World" collection by My Mind's Eye is for you! Check it out in the Store HERE now. I seriously love this collection and the surprise for me was how easy it was to create pages that I really like. I am a slow scrapper but these papers and embellishments are so well designed that they pages just came together for me. The colors are perfect to go with any travel photos so I chose to do a road trip and plane trip page. You will most definitely see more of this collection from me.

Cant we fastpass 600
Supplies: My Mind's Eye - Hello World - Travel World Map Paper, My Mind's Eye - Hello World - Discover Here &There Paper My Mind's Eye - Hello World - Beauty in Flight Paper, My Mind's Eye - Hello World - Discovery Flower Paper , My Mind's Eye - Hello World - All Aboard Flair , My Mind's Eye - Hello World - Mixed BagMy Mind's Eye - Hello World - Adventure Chipboard Stickers , Elle's Studio - Letter and Numbers Stickers - Dark Grey,

After a week at Disney World we were pretty spoiled and used to fast passes for long queues, so at the airport my husband asked if we could fast pass this wait. I used I used the map paper as my base background and then cut an 11" square light neutral paper from my stash to mat in the center, but first I planned where my title would be and die cut it from the light paper so that the map paper would show thru for a fun title with a few added words using these  small Letter Stickers from Elle's Studio.

cant-we-fastpass-2

Just layering this chipboard airline tag and the airplane die cut, makes a quick dimensional embellishment, but I cut the flower from patterned paper and tucked it behind, then added the Vacation Memories die cut, this cute travel flair, and a punched Mickey icon. Everything in this collection just works so well together that you really can't go wrong combining elements.

cant-we-fastpass-1

For my second layout, I wanted to use 3 photos and still be able to use some of the fun travel elements to tell the story. I printed my focal photo 4x6" and then the smaller photos are 3" square. I arranged them in a grid formation on the grid paper background so that I could fill the gaps with decorative elements.

Road Trip 600
Supplies: My Mind's Eye - Hello World - Travel World Map Paper,My Mind's Eye - Hello World - Discovery Flower Paper My Mind's Eye - Hello World - Beauty Bonjour Page, My Mind's Eye - Hello World - All Aboard Flair ,My Mind's Eye - Hello World - Mixed Bag,My Mind's Eye - Hello World - Adventure Chipboard StickersSimple Stories - I AM  -Bradz.

I cut my title from patterned paper and lightly inked the edge, then mounted it overlapping the journaling piece with a chipboard ticket and bike flair.

road-trip-1

Since my page is about a springtime day trip in Texas, I cut a rectangle of the  map paper that included Texas to use with a die cut compass and car. The gold text vellum pieces are scrap pieces from my stash, but the small pieces are perfect for layers under small embellishments.

Road-Trip-2

No comments: