Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Gold Accents from Maggie Holmes Open Book

Today I just have to share some sparkly gold goodies from Scraptastic Club Store. When I saw the new Maggie Holmes Open Book collection, my eyes went straight to the gold accents in papers and embellishments. I thought I would show you how I used these products on two of my layouts.

My first layout is about a funny moment on vacation with good friend and fellow Scraptastic Design Team Member Nancy Burke and it worked just perfectly for a page using the super cute bunny die cuts in this collection.


Supplies: Patterned Paper (Crate Paper, Maggie Holmes, Open Book "Recollection"), Patterned Paper (Crate Paper, Maggie Holmes, Open Book "Bookmark"), Patterned Paper (Crate Paper, Maggie Holmes, Open Book "Sweet Story"), Die Cuts (Crate Paper, Maggie Holmes, Open Book, Ephemera), Vellum Die Cuts (Crate Paper, Maggie Holmes, Open Book, Vellum Ephemera), Floral Die Cuts (Crate Paper, Maggie Holmes, Open Book, Printed Flowers), Gold Foil Vellum Paper (Crate Paper, Maggie Holmes Open Book Gold Foil Stripes Vellum), Enamel Dots (Gossamer Blue, Get Happy), Chipboard Alphas (Jillibean Soup, Wood Plank), Little Letter Stickers (Webster's Pages, All That Glitters, Little Letter Stickers Gold), (Webster's Pages, All That Glitters, Little Letter Stickers Mint), Twine



The "male" bunny die cut is gold foil and the "female" is vellum with tiny gold text. I punched the gold ticket under the bunny with a Mickey punch because I like to put a not so hidden Mickey on all of my Disney pages. The strip of gold striped vellum along the right side of the layout is cut from a 12x12 sheet of foiled vellum.





My second layout features papers from the Nest Collection by Websters Pages along with the Maggie Holmes Open Book embellishments. Behind the focal photo is a layer of gold foiled dictionary page print on clear vellum.


Supplies: Patterned Paper (Webster's Pages Nest Begin Anew Paper), Patterned Paper (Websters Pages, Nest, Special Places),  Patterned Paper (Maggie Holmes, Open Book, Chapters Paper), Patterned Paper(Maggie Holmes Open Book Gold Foil Dots Vellum ),Patterned Vellum (Maggie Holmes Open Book Gold Foil Newspaper ), Die Cuts (Crate Paper, Maggie Holmes, Open Book, Ephemera), Vellum Die Cuts (Crate Paper, Maggie Holmes, Open Book, Vellum Ephemera), Floral Die Cuts (Crate Paper, Maggie Holmes, Open Book, Printed Flowers), Enamel Dots (Gossamer Blue Gramercy Road Enamel Dots )



The black patterned paper with the gold foiled dots is a perfect background accent, but I also used it to cut out my title and an Eiffel Tower. And the little gold Mickey punch in the upper right corner is the punch from the gold ticket on the first layout. I really like the foiled accents in this collection because they add that extra something without being overpowering to the layout.

1 comment:

Madeline said...

So...what exactly is that gold die-cut...a rabbit or a deer? Funny story! lol