Thursday, February 13, 2014

My Treasures Album *DCWV Vintage Collector

I have to admit that I love Junking! I love looking thru Antiques shops and even garage sales and thrift shops for all kinds of treasures. Sometimes I am looking for something specific, but mostly I just end up with little things that catch my eye. My grandfather and uncle were largely the cause of this habit and it may have spread to my husband. I decided I wanted to do a small album for photos of all our finds and any info we have found about them. We really have gotten some great deals and some not so great deals.

I chose to use a BasicGrey Capture Album for the base because their pocket pages are in great configurations. For the papers and embellishments I am using DCWV's Vintage Collector Collection and there are just so many goodies! (you can find this collection only at Michaels) Just look at those awesome washi tapes in my photo :)

 
For the cover I used a couple of Chipboard Frames, Chipboard sticker elements, a rhinestone flourish, rhinestone cluster, this little transparency and chipboard heart (can you see the transparency?), and that cool big guitar thingie that comes with the epoxy brads.



I am adding DCWV Burlap which comes in lots of great colors, but I am using the brown  - to coordinate with the album color, and then the hot pink and maybe teal.  The burlap is sold in 12x12 as well as 6 x 6" stacks. I haven't gotten very far with this album but I wanted to share a couple of inside pages. I made divider pages with tabs for our treasures from Round Top's Antique Week that we have twice a week in Texas, garage sales, and other misc. places.


 That lacey strip is one of my finds. I love looking for textiles, threads, notions, and buttons to use in my scrapbooking and other projects.


 
I shared this close up of the tag because its from a stack of really cute tags but I wanted to have a bit of gold in this album so I went around the edge with a Krylon gold leaf pen - looks cute on this shape.




5 comments:

Kathy said...

Very cute and clever, Susan! Love the colors and patterns in this collection, especially the chevron strips, and the colored burlap is yummy!

Carrie said...

This is a fantastic idea! I don't have the most interesting finds. I do love to go antique shopping with my sister. The papers in this collection are great for this project, but I picked up that stack for Easter pages. I suppose I need to go back and look at the embellishments section.

Beth Anne said...

WOW! Susan, you always surprise me. This is lovely.

Monique Liedtke said...

What a fun subject to create a mini about! LOVE your album!!

Tamera said...

Great idea! Very nicely done! I would love to look through it and see all your treasures.