Sunday, August 05, 2012

Round Top *New DCWV Wild Splendor Stack*

If you like to go antique treasure hunting in Texas, you have probably been to the Round Top Antiques event in the spring or Fall. Its truly amazing because vendors come from everywhere to set up along the road for many many miles thru a few little towns. It's overwhelming and you can only see a fraction of it in a day trip, but it's so much fun.

For my layout I used the new Wild Splendor stack from DCWV and the papers are fall themed but are the most perfect sort of design that makes me think of quilt fabric or something so I thought of these photos. Some of the papers have a coppery-gold foil and some have the copper glittery accents like the flowers that I cut out here. There are pages that have journaling blocks and tags to cut out too.

I used Kreinik copper metallic thread for all the stitching and it's just the exact perfect touch. If you haven't used Kreinik machine threads, they run perfectly smooth in the machine (unlike some others that I have attempted) and you don't even have to have the matching thread in the bobbin. I used ecru thread and it worked great.

5 comments:

Madeline said...

Beautiful! Love the stitching and lettering! Those subtle prints are pretty. Another great design for those times when you have one landscape and one portrait photo...which happens to me a lot!

Cindy said...

Great flowers!

Judy Bagwell said...

Beautiful!!

Wendy said...

Love your layout as always! I also LOVE Fall papers. I'll have to start looking for them in my local stores.

Laurie Zeller said...

This is lovely! A warm antique feel to the entire layout.