Tuesday, July 03, 2012

One picture...

If one picture is worth 1000 words then I have enough for several novels and all of them are crazy. How about you guys? Today I have to share a Christmas layout and I am not using holiday papers. My photos are usually not full of bright aqua, lime, and pink like many holiday collections so I pulled out my photos and found the perfect collection of papers and it was Echo Park's Note to Self!

Turns out this collection really has great holiday colors for me and I just LOVE this spirograph design background. I bought several sheets of that one. My guys always wear jeans and usually several people wear black and then there are the ones who wear red - done. So next time you do a holiday layout, consider a non holiday collection. That being said, you can always add some holiday elements to make it festive. I made some simple holly leaves by drawing them and then cutting them out just outside the drawn line, then sponging the edges with brown ink. I also added some gold colored fibers because Christmas pages need fibers. All of my holiday photos have a yellow glow because they are in my living room and alot of the photos are in the evening. Tells me that I need better lighting in my house. :)

5 comments:

Carrie said...

It really does look like a holiday page. I have this collection too, maybe I should take a look at my Christmas pictures. I think I have a Cricut Cartridge that has holly.

Madeline said...

Love how you MADE it holiday with the holly! Note to Self is perfect!

Miss Misi said...

Looks enough like Christmas to me. I always enjoy your pages. TFS!

Michelle said...

That collection of papers really does go well with your xmas pics! Love your banner there!

Tamera said...

I really like the use of non-holiday paper. It seems like so many paper companies insist on coming out with at least one if not two Christmas lines every year.
This just goes to show that you don't need holiday to say Christmas! :-)
The Holly with the same paper line is a terrific touch!