Thursday, February 02, 2012

knock off!

I know you are ALL inspired by other peoples layouts, right? Well, do you ever copy your own layouts? or knock off a friend's page? Hey, I think it's totally cool, just try to give credit where it's due. Why am I telling you this? because I just totally copied my friend's layout, which was inspired by a sketch that I did for SketchSavvy, and that sketch is from a layout that I haven't shared yet but will soon. Not finished... that layout was inspired by all the layouts that I have been seeing everywhere that have banners, circles, or hearts. So I have to share this totally fun layout that is also not the most original idea. :) CLICK HERE For the sketch - I dare you to make just one page with these banners!

First here is Madeline's awesome layout (THANKS MADELINE!):


SEE!!! How could I not copy that!? You want to now too, right? When I finally post the original layout that started all of this, you will see that the style is much different. So here is my page using a photo that my brother took when he was at Downtown Disney. This page is for his book. And you know what else? Since this is for my brother - I might copy her page again for me! LOL!!!



8 comments:

Madeline said...

A real scrabble tile...awesome! Thanks SO much for the sketch! I LOVE your knock-off of MY knock-off and cannot wait to do more. Those banners are like Lay's Potato Chips. Betcha can't make just one! ;)

Cheri Wenger said...

Great layouts, my friend! Love all the bright colors and embellies!

KathyL said...

Love both of these layouts. Just so fun, bright and happy. They really want to make you pull out your stash and make your own layout.

nancyburke said...

WOW!!!! Both pages are fantastic!!! So many cute details and lots of fab layering, Dang, now I want to copy Madeline, too!!!

Heidi Smith said...

OMG the only think better than one of these is TWO!!! I love this sketch! the LO's are both fabulous ladies :)

Bente Fagerberg said...

You are so right about the inspiration we get (and also admiration ,...) from fellow scrappers. I think it is perfectly fine and as long as we say who we actually 'copied' it is a sweet way of flatery!
You did a very fine job with your page!
Enjoy your week end,Susan!!

Fi said...

Both pages are gorgeous,love those banners.

theelfqueen said...

ooooooooooooooooh love that!