Wednesday, August 04, 2010

In Bloom *New Echo Park

I just love Echo Park papers. I got my Life is Good collection the other day and I had to jump right in and do a layout, then and card, and I am about to start another page! LOL! This is fun paper. And you know on the sku strip on the end of the paper where it has the collection name? I cut that out and used "life is good" as the greeting on my card. Don't throw those strips away. :) Oh, I should mention that I made the button on the card with Polymer clay, baked and painted it with white acrylic paint, then wiped the excess paint off. It's a good way to make buttons to coordinate with your paper collections.

I used Sketch #38 from SketchSavvy for my layout, Card Sketch #4 for my card, and the Scalloped hole border SCAL2 cut file for my circle embellishments. All of the square pieces of patterned paper in this sketch, as well as the photos are 4x4" squares, so it's a very simple sketch to work with. Also, below I am including a close up of the scoring and folding to create the circle with the border strip. I will admit that I normally just fold it without scoring, but I used my Score it! and it really makes the folds nicer and more uniform.






7 comments:

Martine said...

those pleated embellishments look wonderful! and what a great idea to use part of the sku strip for your card greeting! it's so cute!

ellen s. said...

oh gosh is this gorgeous! i love love it to pieces and those flowers are FAB

KathyL said...

I think this paper line agrees with you :) Love the pleated circles and I never thought of cutting out the title from that strip!! Now I will look at those more closely.

Pearl said...

just gorgeous these layouts with Echo Park pps , Susan !!! beautiful details !! ;)

Carrie said...

I'm jealous now - I hope my paper gets here soon. I love that your sketch has all 4 inch squares, I will have to try it.

Laurie Zeller said...

The scored circles are so great! a beautiful and fairly simple embellishment that looks far more complicated than it actually is. Beautiful!!

nancyburke said...

WOW- no one has ever made squares look so good! I am totally copying this LO. Those accordion folded circles are the BEST! Very cool technique.