Tuesday, February 16, 2010

HOW did you do that?

Since I have had so many questions about how I did the embossing on this layout - I took a photo to help me explain below.











Embossing machines are usually only 6" wide and even if you have a 12x12 machine, it will to the full sheet. I used a border folder from Cuttlebug, but its the same with full sized folders. If you want just the edges, you have to be somewhat more creative with your embossing. Whether you have the little embossing border piece like I used or the normal sized embossing folders, you can emboss edges of your layout. I am sure there are many tools in the garage that would allow you to sqeeze the embossing folder, but in my scraproom, the best tool is my Quickutz handle. It's easy to get the outter edge because you can move the tool along the edge but if you want an uneven edge, you vary the distance inward. If you want impressions further inward on your layout, on a hard solid floor, use a hammer or mallet gently.

7 comments:

nylene said...

Susan, this is so cool. I never would have thought of that. Great trick. I'm teaching how to use the Cuttlebug at a class this week so this came at the perfect time!

I'm glad I had your blog bookmarked because I couldn't find it on the new 2peas site.

Bev said...

great embossing idea.... TFS

Dria said...

Love this.. I have been playing :)

Jillian said...

OMGoodness - you rock!! What a great technique!! THANK YOU for posting pics! I cannot wait to try this!! :)

TanishaRenee said...

now THIS is thinking out of the box! Thanks for sharing this awesome technique!

Tamera said...

You never cease to amaze me with your creativity and idea! I absolutely love this! It allows me to use my embossing folders for so much more than just cards and tags.

Linda Beeson said...

You are way to clever and I am soooo in love with what you did and how it turned out. Thanks for showing the pic!