Saturday, June 27, 2009

Super Simple Flowers!

I have had several requests to show how I made the little flowers on my Soakin' Up The Sun layout and my Kitten Spa layout. They are so fast and simple, so you can make coordinating flowers for any patterned paper.

I am showing an example using the "Umbrellas" paper from the Snorkel Collection by Cosmo Cricket because the circles are already on the paper and it was a great way to get all of those flowers cut for that layout.

1. Cut a circle using scalloped edge scissors. (Sidenote: if you have a scalloped circle punch or a scalloped circle in one of your die cut machines, that will work just great! I didn't want to use my cricut because I wanted each of these "umbrellas")

2. Cut inward from each scallop toward the center using straight edge scissors. Bend the tips of the petals upward. Could it be easier? Have fun!
**I inked the edges of these with black ink for definition and for the Kitten Spa page, I sanded the edges very carefully.

(CLICK to enlarge images)

9 comments:

ellen s. said...

i love it, susan! you inspire me to no end

Heidi Smith said...

yup! that is what I thought! these are so easy to make too, I love them! thanks for sharing ;)

Jennifer said...

very cool Suasn, Thanks for sharing and now I have to get some of that paper too.

Jennifer said...

I LOVE this! I am always looking for a new flower technique, too! Will be using this in the near future (today?) LOL

nancyburke said...

Very cool technique. I will have to try these flowers soon!

Laurie Zeller said...

Hey! I bet even I can do this!! Thanks!!

nylene said...

Thanks for the info on the flowers. I just love them. Now I need to buy that cool paper!

scrapbookertink said...

Just checked out your blog today Susan fab just like your stuff on 2peas will check back regular for hints and tips. Love those flowers will save me a fortune wont have to buy so much now TFS x

scrapbookertink said...

Fab idea susan and loving your blog TFS x